Ken Boyer R6

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Ken Boyer R6

Postby rdb34 » September 18th, 2011, 11:39 am

I picked up a Ken Boyer R6 model baseball glove today. I can't find any information about it. Nothing in the autograph or catalog source books. Is this a model produced for another store(i.e. JC penny, K Mart)?

The glove is in great shape and feels like it was hardly used. Well made as well thick heavy leather.

Any information would be great.

Thanks,
Richie
Attachments
IMG_8813.JPG
IMG_8810.JPG
IMG_8811.JPG
rdb34
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Ken Boyer R6

Postby BretMan » September 18th, 2011, 10:21 pm

Rawlings seemed to issue scores of gloves that didn't appear in their yearly catalogs. Penney's and K-Mart were two retailers that they often made special models for. The Penney's gloves often said "JC Penney's" on the red rawlings patch and had four-digit model numbers. Some of the K-Mart gloves were identified with model numbers that began with the letters "KM". (But I don't think that there is enough data to say that all of them made for those two retailers followed that same numbering scheme).

I'm sure that they made gloves for other retailers, too. And they did make "giveaway" or "premium" gloves as promotional items for other retailers, as well as special models for different sporting goods chains. Quite a few pop up that look like your glove, except with different stampings, endorsers or model numbers. This glove looks to me to be the same style and pattern as the Mickey Mantle "MM5" they sold through their catalogs in the early 1960's.
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures