Reach & Higgins Fullwebs

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Reach & Higgins Fullwebs

Postby rdb34 » September 10th, 2011, 5:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I had a pretty good labor day weekend, hope everyone else did as well. I received a phone call a couple of weeks ago from an antique dealer up by where my in-laws have there cabin. He told me one of his picker buddies came across a guy who had a large memorabilia collection he was looking to sell. I immediately contacted the gentleman and arranged a meeting. After he sent pictures I was extremely excited to get up there and check his collection out. So we went up for the long labor day weekend and on Monday I meet up with the collector. He was a super nice guy and showed me all the items he's picked up over the years.
Very interesting stuff and the way he told me he picked them up was at local auctions, flea markets, and garage sales. I ended up buying these two gloves off of him and plan to go back to pick up a couple more that I had to leave behind. After a very disappointing flea market season it was great to come across these two.

I conditioned the Higgins and cleaned the Reach(no abrasives). I'm going to post before and after pics in the restoration section.

Take it easy,
Richie
Attachments
IMG_8778.JPG
IMG_8777.JPG
rdb34
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures