Brimfield September 2011

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Brimfield September 2011

Postby vintagebrett » September 6th, 2011, 7:59 pm

Rainy week here in New England so it was a slow go at Brimfield today. Found a couple gloves, 1 nice bat, a few uniforms, a catalog and great Bowdoin College baseball team photo circa 1905. Hoping for better weather and better luck as the week progresses.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: Brimfield September 2011

Postby vintagebrett » September 7th, 2011, 2:36 pm

A lot more rain this morning - makes walking around lots of fun! Didn't see too much out there today. Picked up a couple of baseballs including a nice ONL Spalding Frick ball with US Army Special Services stamping. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy again - maybe Friday the sun will shine.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » September 9th, 2011, 2:06 pm

Thursday was a complete washout - the show that opens didn't - everything was flooded. I've never seen so much water at Brimfield. Today was a lot nicer and I was able to pick up a few nice bats and one glove. Here is my week's haul - the pharmacy sign is a birthday present for my wife so nobody go and spill the beans! 8)
Attachments
IMG_1513.JPG
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Kenny Wel » September 10th, 2011, 8:03 am

Brett,
Nice finds! I really like the sign. 16 years ago, my wife and I lived in Uxbridge and would go to Brimfield looking primarily for pharmacy antiques. We would have jumped at that sign! My older son just started his Doctor of Pharmacy studies in Boston.

Ken
Kenny Wel
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » September 10th, 2011, 2:03 pm

The good pharmacy advertising is hard to find - I try to pick up a piece for my wife each time I go (she's a pharmacist) but I've never found a sign this good. Can't wait for her to see it.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Kenny Wel » September 10th, 2011, 10:20 pm

My first visit to Brimfield shows how nieve I was at the time regarding sports memorbilia. Sarah and I came across a table of baseball cards, which I started to look at. The vendor asked if I was looking for anything in particular. I asked if he had a Christy Matthewson card since Christy is on an outer limb of Sarah's family tree. The vendor showed me a T205 card. When I asked him how much he wanted, he said "Three". I should have known it was too good to be true, but as I tried to hand him three one dollar bills, he informed me he wanted "three hundred"!
Kenny Wel
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Kenny Wel » September 10th, 2011, 10:21 pm

Oh, and I am sure your wife will love the sign!

Ken
Kenny Wel
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures