Draper and Maynard

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Draper and Maynard

Postby Aaron B » May 18th, 2011, 5:43 pm

I recently just purchased a D&M DG955 which looks to be an old first basemans mitt. I purchased it for the decorating of our sons room we have 3 and all into baseball and they have asked about this glove to which i have no clue about because it is bext to impossible on finding model #'s list on D&M like for when it was made or if it is a firstbasemans mitt. I had also bought a D&M bat that has a model 70 on it which looks to be a 31 inch bat so please any help trying to find out about these items would be much appreciated.
Aaron B
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: Draper and Maynard

Postby vintagebrett » May 18th, 2011, 6:01 pm

Welcome! The model number is prevalent throughout the D&M catalogs (as found in the Glove Source Book by Joe Phillips) in the 1950's (it is a 1st baseman's mitt - a trapper). From 1950 until 1953 is an unendorsed model and from 1954 until 1959 it is listed as being a Ferris Fain model. Looks to be a quality glove based on the list price. Hope that helps a bit!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Aaron B » May 18th, 2011, 6:10 pm

Where can i find the Glove Source Book by Joe Phillips I'm fairly new at collecting gloves and Bats and any references are welcomed it is so hard for a Dad to answer all the questions of a 9,7 and a 4 yearold and thank you for your help

Aaron
Aaron B
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby ScottWNJ » May 18th, 2011, 11:44 pm

Look on Ebay and search for seller Bubbared. You'll find several items that will help you in your collecting. He is also on this Forum
from time to time.

Scott
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures