Auction Find

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Auction Find

Postby deebro041 » March 29th, 2011, 6:51 pm

Picked up this glove today at an auction. Its a Cooper Weeks, looks like youth trapper maybe.Made in Canada. Has anyone come across this style?
I think the fever has hit me.
Attachments
IMG_11752.jpg
IMG_11742.jpg
IMG_1173.JPG
deebro041

Re: Auction Find

Postby mikesglove » March 30th, 2011, 12:25 am

that is a pretty nice Cooper Weeks mitt. The "Trapper" style is common. They are plentiful on ebay and most all reasonably priced. If you are in to that style, you could start a start a top collection easily. Just stay away from anything with cloth or vinyl piping and look for all leather, sturdy construction and as many cool extra features as possible like manufactures cloth patches, interesting web styles, thumb and pinky loops and unique buckle strap or other tied fasteners. After a while you will notice certain patented features among glove manufacturers that set them apart and sometimes make them more collectible.
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Auction Find

Postby deebro041 » March 31st, 2011, 7:46 am

Thanks for the tips Mikesglove. Not too sure what i am into right now, i just love baseball memorabilia. Excited about opening day today!! I used to get out my glove and tighten it and oil it while watching the first game of the season.
deebro041

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures