recent pickups off ebay and offsite auctions

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

recent pickups off ebay and offsite auctions

Postby briggs86 » March 28th, 2011, 8:13 pm

Hey Guys,

Here's some recent success I had at some online off ebay auctions. Not sure if anyone saw these, I was hesistant on the 40's splitfinger/30s spalding basemitt auction company because the running bid was $26 with 3 hours left and I signed up and bid $57 and the price immediately jumped to $57 which I thought was odd as I highly doubted that the last bidder was at $56 as there were 13 $1 or $2 bids up until then, might i add the pictures were horrible from 5 feet away, but I ended up actually getting them for the $57. So after $19.80 in shipping from Minnesota to Michigan and 3 weeks later (which i was discussing how ticked i was earlier this morning with my father) they ended up at my door today. To my suprise after opening a Kenbro Model 1867 with the Rawlings professional model floating heel and H web was the first glove out of the box. Pat num is 2.231.204 which dates to February 11, 1941, not sure who Kenbro is, I would love a little insight on this one. Second glove to come out is a Spalding model 152 marvel Jimmie Foxx. I have not cleaned this yet and am hesistant too where the signature is, there is still silvering in the "xx" the Jimmie is visible but no silvering. I looked this up in the guide and could not find what year this was exactly, I didn't see a 152 period. Its a larger glove, bottom reads professional model. Measures roughly 10 x 9. Last glove is a spalding cxp double buckle, looks two toned. Nice patina'd leather. This was a quick buy it now on ebay completely mislisted.

http://s1010.photobucket.com/upload/albums/retro-orter/
briggs86
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: recent pickups off ebay and offsite auctions

Postby briggs86 » March 28th, 2011, 8:20 pm

[url][URL=http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/af226/retro-orter/?action=view&current=kenbrospaldingcxpfoxxmarvel152011.jpg]Image[/url]
Image[/url]
briggs86
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby mikesglove » March 28th, 2011, 10:20 pm

The "Jimmie Foxx" Marvel is a nice find. The Rawlings glove looks like the "Bill Doak" H model with the improved web. Maybe the KENBRO 1867 at the heel was some abbreviation of a service organization during the war or possibly a private label brand.
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby softball66 » March 30th, 2011, 3:56 pm

Mike think maybe the "KENBRO" might be short for Kennedy Brothers (Burt and Philip) from the Kennedy Sportings Goods - Ken Wel?
Joe
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby briggs86 » March 30th, 2011, 4:17 pm

Joe,

thats what i had thought, but its early 40s rawlings patents, do we know of any connection between the two around 1941?
briggs86
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures