March 2011 Additions

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

March 2011 Additions

Postby vintagebrett » March 4th, 2011, 4:01 pm

Here is the 3 finger OK MFG model 3FRB Flash Gordon mentioned in the Glove of the Month thread. These 40's OK 3 fingers are some of my favorite gloves and each one I have are different in some way.

This glove is one I got back around Christmas but forgot to take pictures of. It was a gift from a long time collector and think it's super neat for a softball glove.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: March 2011 Additions

Postby mikesglove » March 5th, 2011, 2:29 pm

The reason I bookmarked the 3 finger OK glove was the interesting interlacing of the triple tunnel web. Plus I had not seen a 3 finger model for sale before.
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » March 5th, 2011, 8:00 pm

The 3 finger OKs pop up from time to time. In my collection I have a Stan Musial, Harry Walker, Walter Judnich, Tex Hughson, Bobby Doerr, 2 different Ted Williams and the Flash Gordon. I have a Sonnett Tommy Heinrich 3 finger as well that dates to the late 40's and is similar to the OK ones, just has lacing through the fingers.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » March 6th, 2011, 3:48 pm

Thought some of you might like to see the Bon Tober box that sold - it's actually blue as opposed toe black hue in the eBay pictures. Love the early Connecticut equipment stuff so this was a perfect addition.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby stockbuddy » March 6th, 2011, 8:15 pm

Brett, Cool OK gloves. That is a sweet old softie too. Neat.

Dave
stockbuddy
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » March 22nd, 2011, 1:28 pm

Added another OK baseman's box - this is a model JMR. I have a JM Rudy York and I"m guessing the R means that the box held a glove for a left handed thrower (went on right hand). The glove that came with the box wasn't an OK mitt but I was happy to add the cardboard. :)
Attachments
ok-modelJMR-basemansbox.JPG
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures