1949 Macgregor Goldsmith catalog

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

1949 Macgregor Goldsmith catalog

Postby mikesglove » February 28th, 2011, 5:39 am

JD just uploaded a mostly complete glove section of the 1949 Macgregor Goldsmith catalog at http://www.baseballglovecollector.com Being a big fan of the McG's, I was delighted to find this catalog on ebay. The catalog features my favorite models, the "Snare" gloves and mitts. the catalog also features a lot of collector favorites, such as the Ewell Blackwell, Bobby Doerr and Pete Reiser gloves.
1949mac1.jpg
1949mac7.jpg
car1ac21.jpg
car1ac21.jpg (23.49 KiB) Viewed 5705 times
The newly purchased "Carmona " basemitt above will look nice next to my MacGregor Goldsmith "Snare" model AH "Les Fleming" below
fleminga.jpg
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: 1949 Macgregor Goldsmith catalog

Postby okdoak » March 2nd, 2011, 3:44 am

I know that a lot of our forum members are fond of the MacGoldsmiths. Their Bobby Doerr XG is a stunning glove, dark leather with silver stamping...and that leather is sooo supple (sorry, just got a little light headed thinking about it) :roll: Their Pete Reiser Snare-Web is a favorite of mine, also. I don't have an Elmer Riddle, but I have a Joe Cronin DW that's made in the same classic style. The pro's of that time liked them too, judging from the pictures I've seen.
okdoak

Postby ebbets55 » March 2nd, 2011, 12:38 pm

Great catalog Mike. I love MG gloves. They are one of my favorite manufacturers because they were innovative, pretty and super high quality. I love them. Still looking for a Johnny Sain in the box if anyone has one.

JD
ebbets55

Postby mikesglove » March 4th, 2011, 1:56 am

okdoak wrote:I know that a lot of our forum members are fond of the MacGoldsmiths. Their Bobby Doerr XG is a stunning glove, dark leather with silver stamping...and that leather is sooo supple (sorry, just got a little light headed thinking about it) :roll: Their Pete Reiser Snare-Web is a favorite of mine, also.

Here is a back view of my Pete Reiser "Snare" model. I like collecting different and odd webs. The "Snare" model and the "Spider Web" had a big place in my collection. The rolled lace web base mitt from above was hard for me to pass
up.
reiser.jpg
Willie Mays G105 with "Spider Web" below
mays.jpg
mikesglove

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures