AMERICAN ALL STAR GLOVE

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

AMERICAN ALL STAR GLOVE

Postby MAD BRAD » January 15th, 2011, 4:57 pm

Old glove maybe first base, has 42 and Dolph Camilli cowhide american all star wonder what it is worth, is it 20s original lace good condition a little dry by the thumb antique shop find . He was a allstar 1939 and in 1941 played for the dodgers, the glove may be from that era no name on it. Reach did make a dolph glove, with a buckle this glove is non buckle, type. Was going to sell but changed my mind, not much info on this glove the 42 number stamped on it may be his allstar number or model number. Have not seen many like this !! any one ever see one and what is it from allstar promo or a store item ?? MB
Attachments
baseballglovepics004_th.jpg
baseballglovepics004_th.jpg (6.99 KiB) Viewed 4289 times
baseballglovepics005.jpg
baseballglovepics005.jpg (46 KiB) Viewed 4289 times
MAD BRAD
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: AMERICAN ALL STAR GLOVE

Postby ScottWNJ » May 12th, 2011, 4:36 pm

From what I can see on my Blackberry screen, that glove looks almost identical to the Camilli I picked up yesterday. Especially the color, the lacing and the position of the signature. My glove is a Dubow 655 or something close to that number. I wonder if Dubow made both gloves. I'll post a photo when I get home tomorrow.
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby ScottWNJ » May 16th, 2011, 1:20 am

Here's the Dubow 655 Camilli I picked up last weekend. Front is in good shape, but the back is missing the wrist strap. Looks a lot like yours.

Scott
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby MAD BRAD » January 9th, 2012, 7:58 pm

Nice !! does yours have 42 on it . I have only seen yours and mine period i got mine for 20 hope you did good Brad
MAD BRAD
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures