New Addition

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

New Addition

Postby AkBandit » November 5th, 2010, 2:05 am

Today I added to my burgeoning collection of Bill Doak gloves with this Model J that I picked up from VintageBrett. Thanks Brett it looks great with the others.

AkBandit

Re: New Addition

Postby Bill247 » June 27th, 2011, 2:14 pm

Just came across this post. I recently picked up a nice,not great, Doak Model H. Do you have or know where to find a chronological listing of the Doak models ? I know the gloves have historical significance and would like to see where the Model H sits and also other models to search for. Thanks
Bill247
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » June 27th, 2011, 2:31 pm

I would highly suggest purchasing a copy of the Vintage Baseball Glove Pocket Price Guide No. 10 from Joe Phillips. It has a listing of the Doak models and the years they were produced. You could also purchase a copy of the Glove Catalog Source book as well. Here is a link to the price guide:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Latest-Edition-Vint ... 3a6759f7a5
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Bill247 » June 27th, 2011, 10:09 pm

Thanks. Have ordered the book and hope to find info on some of my gloves there. I'm always looking for Bill Werber, Enos Slaughter and Dick Groat items. I look forward to y'all's insights. Thanks, Bill
Bill247
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » June 28th, 2011, 6:18 am

Duke fan?
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Bill247 » June 28th, 2011, 4:26 pm

Roger that!! I'm not completely biased, however. Picked up a Spalding Sam Esposito Model # 1161. White Sox 1959 and coached at NCSU. The glove looks like a kids model but it's in great shape and adds hint of balance.
Bill247
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » June 28th, 2011, 6:55 pm

A hint of red is ok but any powder blue and you're in big trouble. I'm an obsessive Duke fan and my first glove for my collection was a Dick Groat because of the Duke connection. I have a Billy Werber and Enos Slaughter as well because they were Dukies. Go Blue Devils!!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Bill247 » June 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

There is no light blue in our house. The sky in my neighborhood is Columbia University blue!! I have two Werber gloves. Both came from eBay so you may have seen them. One is a Checker with USCG engraved into the heel. Maybe with an old soldering iron? Doesen't look official. Nice condition. And it is a Bill Werber! The other does not seem to have a brand name. It hs a stamped block letter WM WERBER as well as the stamped script signature. It also has a hand signed Bill Werber autograph with COA. It gets a special place on my wall. My Groat glove is nice, not great, but displays well with an autographed photo of Groat batting for Duke. One Slaughter is a J.C.Higgins #1623, lots of silver on the label and the stamped signature; the other, a Wilson #651 split finger, all the laces look original; need to figure out the ages of all of them.
Bill247
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby mikesglove » July 6th, 2011, 2:12 pm

Here is one of my last pick ups of an old softball glove. I love these old timer softball gloves. I know they are not a baseball glove but I gotta love em anyway. LOL

Dave
sb sb30aa.jpg
SB 30 backaa.jpg
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures