1936 Great Western catalog w/cool gloves

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

1936 Great Western catalog w/cool gloves

Postby okdoak » October 16th, 2010, 3:07 pm

Just picked this up on ebay. Lots of interesting glove styles: "Flexform" seams, joined finger Pitcher's Model, Vance style lacing, etc. There's also an outward seam model, but it's a kid's glove. Maybe the earliest Enos Slaughter model because he was still a minor leaguer in 1936. Plus some of the most obscure endorsers this side of Nokona. Joe Cicero, Chad Kimsey??? Anyone have a GW glove?

Thanks for rotating the pictures! :D
Last edited by okdoak on October 16th, 2010, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: 1936 Great Western catalog w/cool gloves

Postby ebbets55 » October 16th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Cool catalog Greg. Thanks for posting. I have the Professional Pitchers Model. It's nice to see it in a catalog.

JD
Attachments
Great%20Western%20520%20Front.jpg
Great Western Professional Pitchers Model 3 Finger
ebbets55

Postby okdoak » October 16th, 2010, 11:49 pm

That's a great glove JD! I'd love to add the catalog to your website. Just let me know.
okdoak

Postby ebbets55 » October 17th, 2010, 6:11 pm

I would love to add it to the Library. Could you please e-mail me all the .jpgs and I'll compile them into a PDF. If these are the only pics, I can pull them down from here. Thanks Greg.

Hey, also, I just found this box with all my empties. I love rainy days. Little League got rained out this morning so I'm watching football and catching up.

JD
Attachments
Great Western 624 Basemans Mitt Box.JPG
Great Western 624 Baseman's Mitt Box
ebbets55

Postby vintagebrett » October 17th, 2010, 7:11 pm

ebbets55 wrote: Little League got rained out this morning so I'm watching football and catching up

Wait, I thought it never rained in Southern California?!? I guess the Mamas and Papas lied to us through song - I hate when people do that. 8)
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby ebbets55 » October 17th, 2010, 7:19 pm

Well it misted overnight. Does that count? Whenever we get an hour of rain or mist, Storm Watch 2010 is on and people don't know how to deal with it out here. I LOVE IT!

JD
ebbets55

Postby smr1 » October 17th, 2010, 8:33 pm

JD,

Where in So-Cal do you live? I just was in San Diego for the first time a little more than a week ago. Not the weather I was expecting. Cold, damp, and rainy - thought I was in Seattle. It was my first visit to California. I got to go to Coronado and see the house that my parents lived in while my dad was stationed there. Also went swimming in the ocean - alot colder than I expected as well. Apparently - I heard it was the coolest summer in 70 years. Also had my life threatened in the Gas Lamp district - could've done without that. At least the Chargers game was good - they pounded the Cardinals.
Scott
smr1
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby ebbets55 » October 18th, 2010, 4:48 pm

Hey Scott,

Sorry to hear about your experience in the Gas Lamp District. I have been down there three times this season and have had a great time. Although they did a great job cleaning up the area and reviving it, it can still get sketchy off the main few blocks around the stadium.

The weather has been crazy out here lately. Two weeks ago, it was 103 degrees here in Orange County (an hour north of Coronado) and 113 in L.A. (a record) and it has been overcast here all week. The weather has been interesting and unpredictable lately. The next time you are in town, you have to give me a call.

JD
ebbets55

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures