Brimfield September 2010

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Brimfield September 2010

Postby vintagebrett » September 7th, 2010, 7:32 pm

The last Brimfield show of 2010 started today and I can say it was pretty weak. I picked up a few things but nothing spectacular. Selling wasn't too great either except for one large sale (most of which I"m sure you'll see on eBay soon). Hopefully the next couple days will prove better.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: Brimfield September 2010

Postby vintagebrett » September 8th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Nothing out there this morning except for an old soccer ball. Hoping Friday proves more fruitful.

Here are two of the more interesting ones I picked up on Tuesday. One is a Goldsmith model JV Joe Vosmik glove and the other is a D&M Monte Weaver. I've seen Vosmik gloves before but never the JV model - very large and of the highest quality with a neat web. The Weaver was a new name for me - didn't see it in Joe's book. Anyone else ever seen one?
Attachments
goldsmith-modelJV-joevosmik-pic1.JPG
goldsmith-modelJV-joevosmik-pic2.JPG
dm-monteweaver2.JPG
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby stockbuddy » September 9th, 2010, 9:43 am

Hi Brett,

Nice find. I like the Vosmik web. If you have an interest in trade or sell drop me a line. Brett, I sent an email to you yesterday using your regular email. Please check it when you get the time. Thanks.
Dave
stockbuddy
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby rosajr » September 9th, 2010, 10:51 am

Brett....have a Goldmsith Gus Suhr FB mitt with the same style web
rosajr
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby MGHProductions » September 9th, 2010, 8:22 pm

Anything today?
Matt
MGHProductions
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » September 10th, 2010, 4:03 pm

Finished up the week at Brimfield today. Very slow in terms of gloves. I picked up a couple for inventory but nothing super cool. The whole week was pretty much a bust for gloves. Got spoiled in July with the Wm. Read & Sons glove. :) Did pick up a nice Horace Partridge decal bat with "Cobb" stamped on the knob. I've been looking for a HP Decal bat so this worked out well. Also bought four 1909 Boston Sunday Post Red Sox Stars inserts - Speaker, Lord, Spencer and Crech. Oh, and a killer University of Massachusetts pennant from the 1910's. Other than that, slow week.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » September 12th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Here are two items I picked up this week for my collection. A James Brine Co. 1B mitt endorsed by Hal Trosky (love the button snaps on the wrist) and a Horace Partridge decal bat.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures