Rawlings Mantle XPG6 HOH

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Rawlings Mantle XPG6 HOH

Postby katanaguy » August 18th, 2010, 8:33 pm

I have my old high school glove I want to post some pics of it for all to see. It is a Rawlings Mickey Mantle XPG6 HOH.I bought this glove in 1968 when I was 17 ( I'm 59 now) & I still have an attachment to the old girl. I am not a glove expert like some of you, but I feel it is in still very good condition. The leather & lacings are still supple and the print can still be seen clearly. Palomino color still looks good. Should I clean this & then condition it?....I'm concerned I could hurt the value by doing so.... I bet it can still field any smash hit by Albert Pujols, but it's the guy holding the glove at age 59 that would unravel first! It helped me to a pitching record of 7-1 with a 0.57 ERA including 2 no-hitters my senior year in high school & then a college baseball scholarship.

After you click on link below, scroll down page to view photos

http://s619.photobucket.com/albums/tt27 ... %20GLOVES/
katanaguy
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: Rawlings Mantle XPG6 HOH

Postby candlestick » August 19th, 2010, 3:40 pm

very nice glove. that fact that you still have it makes the memories even more precious. it would clean up just fine i am sure. pity we cannot rejuvenate the player with a little lexol and some gloveolium!
candlestick
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures