Elkhorn Trip

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Elkhorn Trip

Postby rdb34 » August 10th, 2010, 10:38 pm

Over the weekend My wife and I decided to go to the Elkhorn Wisconsin Flea Market. We woke up at 3 am to get there by 7 am and It began to pour at about 8:30 am.
I can only imagine the treasures I passed by that were being covered by tarps. :)
In the hour and a half of running around I managed to find a huge buckle-back Reach glove(when I got home and cleaned it J. Vosmik appeared), a double buckle Stall & Dean basemitt, and a pair of near mint wooden 2lb Spalding dumbells. So completely soaked and frustrated my wife(umbrella) and I(nothing) decide to go to an antique mall we saw on the way.
Low and behold I find a sweet lefty Reach basemitt, a massive Spalding willow fungo bat?, and a VWD canvas tennis racket case.
When I finally returned home I was happy with my pick-ups and I vowed to bring an extra pair of socks on my one day flea market adventures.

By the way, the Reach Vosmik glove is a bit of a mystery. It's a huge well made professional mitt and the model # shows it as the 1936 model in the catalog source book (close to being top of the line). The problem is the endorsement reads J. Vosmik in block letters I'm unable to find a script signature on the glove. I searched the gallery to try to find a similar glove or another example of this glove but couldn't find anything. If anyone has any information about this glove I'd really appreciate it, maybe the script is worn away or hiding under some creases.
Attachments
IMG_6016.JPG
IMG_6017.JPG
IMG_6018.JPG
IMG_6019.JPG
IMG_6020.JPG
IMG_6023.JPG
rdb34
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Elkhorn Trip

Postby rdb34 » August 10th, 2010, 11:17 pm

rest of the pictures