Butch Henline and Other Stuff

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Butch Henline and Other Stuff

Postby smr1 » June 26th, 2010, 11:32 pm

I picked these three items over the weekend. At a closer look at the Goldsmith mitt - I could barely make out a signature. After looking very closely and referencing the Source Book - I found it to be Butch Henline. This buckleback mitt is in great condition - with the exception of some writing on the reverse side and a portion of the strap missing.

The second mitt is nice on the front. However, it's a little rough on the back. The buckle is beat and the one finger pocket is cut. This glove will receive a cleaning and I will post pictures after that is done.

If someone could shed some light on this catcher's mitt. I have two questions. First - what is the era of this glove? Second - what is with the additional leather piece on the front?

Last - the bat is a lathe spun bat that has some cracks and nails (which I really like). I will clean this as well and post some after pictures. The club measures nearly 34" and is very heavy and thick around the handle.
Attachments
stuff from 0625 004.jpg
stuff from 0625 003.jpg
stuff from 0625 002.jpg
stuff from 0625 001.jpg
smr1
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures