Lonny Frey Manufacturer?

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Lonny Frey Manufacturer?

Postby Bubdoggy » May 7th, 2010, 7:27 pm

Picked this up off of ebay. There is no manufacturer on the glove. It is in good condition (I had to repair a seam on the back finger that had come undone) and the leather is a texture/grain that is unlike regular cowhide. The pictures don't show but the glove is more of a black than the dark brown. The script on it has a lot of silver left. I haven't replaced the lace in the fingers yet.

The glove is not really a children's size although I wonder if it is. As you can see from the button, there are no distinguishing features on it as well.

Anyone have any ideas who/when it may have been made? I thought Lonny Frey's career was over by the late 40's but the gloves features look like a 50's vintage.

Thanks.
Southpaw in South Carolina
Bubdoggy
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Lonny Frey Manufacturer?

Postby softball66 » May 10th, 2010, 8:43 am

Glove finder book, assembled by Art K. and I, shows Frey with the Rawlings,-- not this one-- but also on Ken Wel , Marathon and Tru Sport brands. Marathon a Monty Ward brand and Tru Sport a Denkert,
Guess would be a Denkert made???
JP
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Lonny Frey Manufacturer?

Postby Bubdoggy » May 10th, 2010, 12:50 pm

Thanks, Joe. When I bought it, I thought it might be a Rawlings but the thing is almost generic, even to the stars/laurel button on the strap.

Kind of strange. :?
Southpaw in South Carolina
Bubdoggy
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures