USA Special Made Rawlings Pro-6 HOH?

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

USA Special Made Rawlings Pro-6 HOH?

Postby jsalinas » November 20th, 2009, 5:42 pm

Interesting story behind it.

The owner said that it was made for the company he worked for about 15 years ago.

The glove leather came from a leather tannery called La Bretagna in Italy. The leather looks and feels different from other Rawlings leather I've seen.

It has a code of 0EA01

Bosca had this leather sent to Rawlings to have it made into this PRO-6 RHT Heart of the Hide. Made in the U.S.A. Fastback basket web. He claimed "4 or 5" were made to award as gifts to company employees. The glove shows new. The patches are pristine. I'll work on pictures.

He added a few Bosca leather covered baseballs made by Rawlings. These balls look of Rawlings quality but just show the crest used by the company and the Bosca name.

Is this a common practice?
jsalinas
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby jsalinas » November 20th, 2009, 7:30 pm

Any idea about the code and what it means?

Thanks in advance
jsalinas
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » November 21st, 2009, 1:54 am

Not really my area of expertise, but that is a date code. The first three letters are the year and month and if I'm deciphering it the right way it means this glove was made in March of 1997.

The "01" at the end usually designates that the leather in the glove came from the Horween Company tannery. Not sure how that jibes with this "special" imported leather.

There's a good guide to the Rawlings date codes, production numbers and model numbers on the "Modern Glove Forum". Those guys there might be able to nail this down better than I can.

(See link) http://glove-works.getforum.org/board/r ... -t247.html
Last edited by BretMan on November 22nd, 2009, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby jsalinas » November 21st, 2009, 12:29 pm

Thanks BretMan.

I've posted on the other site. We'll see what they say. :D
jsalinas
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures