Greater Boston Sports Collectors Convention - November 2009

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Greater Boston Sports Collectors Convention - November 2009

Postby vintagebrett » November 6th, 2009, 5:07 pm

My dad, Beckett and I made the drive up the the GBSCC today and met up with Number9 for a pre show meal. Show was very well attended and it did not seem like there were too many empty booths. There were quite a few gloves there - nothing great except the nice crescent we saw that wasn't for sale. I managed to pick up a super soft Goldsmith model UAS Elmer Riddle (yes that is the correct model # - hadn't come across it before) and James W. Brine sewn web glove with nice tagging. I'll let Number9 share his purchase(s). Did see an Iver Johnson Sporting Goods glove with tag but it was LH, in terrible shape and over priced - would like to add that tag to my New England labels but some other time. My dad got a nice Wilson model 2810 Big Scoop 1B mitt - 2nd to top of the line from 1967 to 1970. He also got two really nice Carter Hoffman mascot carvings. Beckett decided he had enough so we said goodbye and drove home. I really like this show and look forward to heading up there again in June.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Number9 » November 6th, 2009, 8:38 pm

As always, very nice to see the Lowman clan.

The early Doak turned out to be my only purchase. Next summer, I hope to see a price tag on that crescent. That was a beauty. Speaking of nice stuff, I think I got some drool on Chris Smith's table. Love those early Boston photos. It amazes me the stuff that people find.
Number9
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures