J Hans Wagner & a few new friends

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

J Hans Wagner & a few new friends

Postby briggs86 » October 22nd, 2009, 10:52 pm

Pics of the Wagner and a couple newbies.

Not sure on the brand of the Wagner, by looks I'm thinking JC Higgins, I really can't make out any markings, which is odd since the stampings are so strong. Any ideas or inputs. Thanks!

Jared [/img][/url]
briggs86
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby briggs86 » October 22nd, 2009, 11:14 pm

Okay I just realized while looking through Jims website, that this is already on jims thread for wagners, but the pic looks like its at the auction and I was a phone bidder, just curious whos territory I was stepping on?

Also not sure on the make still, looking over others I almost lean more towards Goldsmith because I can somewhat make out a K in the palm. Please give me some insight. Thanks!
briggs86
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Number9 » October 22nd, 2009, 11:17 pm

That's quite a group you picked up there! For your Wagner, I'd guess Higgins. D&M or Goldsmith would have marked the palm, and chances are, if the endorsement is bold the maker's mark would at least be visible. They would also have sewn on a label too.

The laced web looks like it could possibly be a Globe? Not sure on that one though. Interesting wrist strap and tunnel loops.

Nice of them to throw in a zippered catcher's mitt and a Vance for good measure!
Number9
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby okdoak » October 26th, 2009, 1:40 pm

Wow! :shock:
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures