My First Sonnett Glove

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

My First Sonnett Glove

Postby ScottWNJ » July 3rd, 2009, 11:13 am

Picked this one up on Ebay. Beautiful Enos Slaughter left hand thrower. I4F.
Brett has the RHT version posted here somewhere. Glove is a wee bit dingy in the pocket, but I don't think I'll mess with it. Will display it along with my Slaughter autograph.
[img][img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b319/merkurmania/May%20Gloves/CIMG0738.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b319/merkurmania/May%20Gloves/CIMG0742.jpg[/img][/img]
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 3rd, 2009, 3:18 pm

Very nice - yes, I have the RH version. Nice mid-line glove. Glad you are enjoying it.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby okdoak » July 3rd, 2009, 4:54 pm

That is a beauty! I've always liked the "picture pocket" gloves and I doubt if I've seen a nicer one. I know that everyone has been waiting to hear my theory on why there are so many more lefties in beautiful condition than there are righties, so here goes: Back in the day, when the oldest kid (after much pleading) got a new glove, his old one was a "hand me down" to his younger brother (thanks for breaking it in for me, older bro :( ) What are the odds of having more than one lefty in the family? Pretty steep, I'd bet. My dad is a lefty. His dad was a righty as are my two brothers and myself and our kids. So, those lucky lefties always had that nice leather all to themselves. At least that's my guess. :roll:
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures