My latest project; a Wilson/Sell

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

My latest project; a Wilson/Sell

Postby okdoak » June 29th, 2009, 9:29 am

I just replaced the liner in this Wilson/Sell. Thanks Joel, Deacon, RBD, and Number9 for posting pictures of your vintage relined gloves. I wouldn't have attempted it if I hadn't seen how nice yours turned out. :)
Before:
After:
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Rickybulldog » June 29th, 2009, 9:56 am

Nicely done. That is a glove worth the hassle of relining. Neat button. Did you do it yourself or is it Dr. Joel Tobillo's work? What was the donor?
Rickybulldog

Postby okdoak » June 29th, 2009, 10:19 am

Thanks Ricky. I did it myself with more than a little apprehension. I had relined a '60's Trapeze and a '40's Bill Doak, so I had an idea of what I was getting myself into. But this is the first sewnweb for me. As usual I scuffed up the fragile piping in a few spots. Hoping that if I condition it a few times it will look better. The liner was the only good part left from a really trashed generic '30's glove. If you have a nice one that needs relining, just send it to me, Buddy. Just don't expect it back! :)
okdoak

Postby cubsrno1 » June 30th, 2009, 12:26 am

Great job Greg! I looks so much better with a vintage/old liner. The piping is always the toughest part. It's very delicate!
cubsrno1
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Deacon » June 30th, 2009, 7:54 am

Looks great & I'm sure it's very gratifing.
Deacon
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures