New oldies but goodies.

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

New oldies but goodies.

Postby Rickybulldog » June 3rd, 2009, 10:39 pm

I've been in buying and trading mode as of late. Here is a picture of my recent pickups.

Full web Line up

One inchers line up

Enjoy! More details later..............................RBD
Last edited by Rickybulldog on June 3rd, 2009, 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby MGHProductions » June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 pm

Thats a lot of nice gloves!
Matt
MGHProductions
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Rickybulldog » June 3rd, 2009, 11:37 pm

Thanks Matt. I hope you're keeping my future Spalding trophy on ice! 8)

From the full web line up Left to right

1. Brown Spalding with black tag. Felt liner. Got this one back after a 7 year departure. When I got it, it was like reuniting with an old friend.

2. Wilson black full web. Nice patch

3. Orange Spalding full web. Nice fatty.

4. Aw yes, the infamous Hall & Dean.

5. White Spalding full web. Don't know why I traded you in the first place.

One incher line up:
1. Pennant one incher. No bull pup, but I'll get over it someday.

2. JC higgins black one inch. Super tall.

3. Black Victor one incher. Like the orange piping. BJ look away!

4. Brown D&M one incher. Robbie I may be changing my brand buddy. D&M Doggy dogg.

5. (on the floor)Orange Liberty League

6. Black Spalding one inch. BJ you can look now!

7. Dirty white one inch Reach

8. Black Spalding one inch. A glove you can fold and put in your back pocket!

9. Ox blood Reach one incher! Another one that has returned to roost. What the h*&# was I thinking in these trades!

Great stuff! Will post my crescent catcher soon!
Rickybulldog

Postby cubsrno1 » June 3rd, 2009, 11:39 pm

Wow! That's a whole lotta oldies... Guess you've gone SEWNWEBNUT :shock:
cubsrno1
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby ebbets55 » June 3rd, 2009, 11:42 pm

Damn Dude! You weren't kidding. When ya coming over? I can't wait to visit a few of my old friends again. You have owned some of those a third time. Gonna keep them around awhile this time? :lol:
ebbets55

Postby vintagebrett » June 4th, 2009, 8:44 am

Man, those California teacher salaries must be pretty good! :lol: Looks like a lot of nice leather!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby GloveCrazy » June 4th, 2009, 11:18 am

Sweet gloves, and yes couple bring back some old trade memories. I absolutely love the overall variation of colors and looks ... talk about immediate display impact! Let me know how the new display cabinet negotiations with Sandra go.
GloveCrazy

Postby okdoak » June 4th, 2009, 11:57 am

Amazing! Great gloves and your Pennant looks like it was never used. Hey, leave a couple for the rest of us next time! :)
okdoak

Postby Rickybulldog » June 4th, 2009, 5:27 pm

Thanks guys. Yes, I've been a busy little bee and Joel, Mr. Pusherman, you're the main blame! Thanks to you I've fallen off the wagon and have become a glove addict again. With all your glove deals and late calls."Hey man, I've got this great Spalding full web you'll totallly dig ...sniff sniff...that's ok you can pay me later...sniff...sniff..." and now I'm hooked again. :shock: Aw well, I'll see you, Rob, JD,Brett, and everyone at glove rehab some day!

JD, I plan on keeping them, but you know how that goes! Also, my in-laws are in town and I'm itchin' to get out of there. So, expect a call or email. As Larry David said in a Curb your Enthusiasm episode where he's with his wife's family hanging out at the house. "I'm a minus here. I'm not adding anything here."

Oh and Brett, the salary is the same, but the vacations are still nice! By the way, we should have a No Glove Left Behind policy. All gloves must be up to code in a working/presentable order, if they do not meet collector's guidelines they must be shipped off to a glover who can provide the necessary changes to meet those standards!

Rob, I'll let you know how it goes with the wife. I think it's checkmate on that.

And Greg, I'll try to leave some for the rest of you but like I said I'm addicted to gloves again. Look out.
Have gloves, uniforms, bats, trophies.........Will trade!
Rickybulldog

Postby ebbets55 » June 4th, 2009, 6:21 pm

Hear that Joel? He's addicted again and it's all your fault. You are the one to blame. We all know what that means for the supply of great old gloves - bam! He's gonna suck them all up. We're screwed.

Bulldog, I got a comfortable couch if the in-laws are too much for you. Just bring gloves!

JD
ebbets55

Postby Rickybulldog » June 4th, 2009, 7:14 pm

Yes, you better hope eddie c is cocooned and entombed somewhere safe along with that black stall & dean and my Heinie! :D
Rickybulldog

Postby cubsrno1 » June 4th, 2009, 7:58 pm

Oh sure! It's easy to blame me. Tell them the truth Ricky. You asked your students to bring them into class for show and tell and you confiscated the gloves from them. Haha!

All kidding aside, you deserve them as hard as you work to obtain them. :D
And i know that someday, as long as you have my old gloves, that there is always a chance I can get them back from you Mr Bulldog.
:lol:
cubsrno1
Veteran Glove Poster

liners

Postby Bravosin99 » June 7th, 2009, 10:54 pm

Ricky-
Where is a picture of the liners, thats the best part...holding out on me man. I think you did it on purpose so I can't eyeball any of them. :lol:
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Rickybulldog » June 8th, 2009, 12:09 am

Best part? I guess you like backs. I prefer a pretty face. :wink:

Linings are overrated! Ha! Ha! Your stone missed Rob! You guys keep letting those gloves go with messed up liners. I'll take them with open arms! Plus I know a guy who can fix a bad posterior. PAGING Dr. Tobillo. You're needed in plastic surgery STAT!!
Rickybulldog

Postby GloveCrazy » June 8th, 2009, 5:30 pm

Nope, not gonna bite. One of the things I love most about glove collecting is that there is still some subjectivity to it. Minor flaws that bother one person, such as a neat fountain pen name on the back of a 1" web, a good looking minor oil or dirt stain, or even a period patch, are neutral to another (and sometimes even a premium). It reminds me of that one sports collectible shop in Glendale Arizon, Nifty's, that charged a large premium for oldie "character" gloves but had little interest in hardly used items.

It's also cool that cloth labels, leather piping, unused, and tallness are some other premiums for some but not all. This is why we can trade with each other ... we aren't all looking for a SGC10 baseball card upgrade. But yes, it's easier to talk me out of a non perfect lining glove, and I'm the guy (or one of a couple) you want to trade your nice lining oldies to ... or stubby oldies.
GloveCrazy

Next

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures