New oldies but goodies.

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Postby Rickybulldog » June 8th, 2009, 5:45 pm

GloveCrazy wrote:Nope, not gonna bite..
Wow, taking the higher road. The one that is less traveled. Hope there's gas in the tank. I'm impressed. Haha. Did you have to count backwards from 10 to avoid potential meltdown? :D

By the way, you're the second person mentioning Nifties. Are they still around?
Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

liners2

Postby Bravosin99 » June 8th, 2009, 7:39 pm

Ricky-

Yes, I am definitely a fan of a nice looking backside....of a glove that is :shock:....I still think you are holding out on me. I thought you would take my post as a hint that I wanted you to post a picture of the back of the gloves :lol:.

Rob, I have to agree with you. I think it is awesome that everyone has different things they find interesting and more desirable about gloves. If everyone liked the same thing it would be way to boring. There is already enough competition for certain gloves as it is, I can't imagine if everyone liked the same stuff what some gloves and mitts would go for.
PS-I also enjoy a glove with some neat old fountain pen. (HINT HINT), The initials J.A.F. ring a bell?
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Postby GloveCrazy » June 9th, 2009, 12:49 pm

Nope, still not biting, Mr. Anderson, fire starter! As for you, Mr. Maddox, I agree that the white beauty you are referring to is an absolute stunner, I'm just a little surprised it's not in your possession yet.

As for Nifties, the owner Randy closed the shop just before the Diamondbacks opened their doors. He moved all of his stuff into the stadium for the inaugural year. The Glendale shop was this tiny hall-closet looking thing which was about half the width of one of those typical small old-town stores. All this great old stuff of all sports was jammed from floor to ceiling and it had a narrow circular path around a table in the middle. Two people couldn't pass each other on the path. Prices were not cheap (at the time), but it was always great to swing by on our Spring Training trips. Like a little museum.

I think I have a couple pictures somewhere but I don't think I'm going to find anytime soon. Anyone else have any pics?
GloveCrazy

Postby Rickybulldog » June 9th, 2009, 8:02 pm

GloveCrazy wrote:Nope, still not biting, Mr. Anderson, fire starter! As for you, Mr. Maddox, I agree that the white beauty you are referring to is an absolute stunner, I'm just a little surprised it's not in your possession yet.
Cute. The Prodigy song came to mind as I read this. By the way thanks for outbidding me on the trophy. Your stock in the composite is dwindling!

Well, since you're not going to pick up the ping pong paddle, I'll respond to Josh.
Bravosin99 wrote:Ricky-
Where is a picture of the liners
Yes, I can see where I missed that one. I know what you wanted, but you have to do a little more leg work to get the ball rolling on trade talks. I don't like doing all the work in my activities. :wink:

By the way, I figured you for a fan of the back side.
Here's one you can appreciate.

Oh baby! :D

Unfortunately, I don't know what to make on this one. :roll: :oops:

Rickybulldog

Postby Number9 » June 9th, 2009, 11:04 pm

Front bum. You see that last look occasionally on the beaches up north. Someone get that glove a shirt!
Number9

Postby Rickybulldog » June 10th, 2009, 10:33 am

Number9 wrote:Front bum. You see that last look occasionally on the beaches up north. Someone get that glove a shirt!
:lol: LOL!

Numero Nueve, I couldn't have said it any better.
Rickybulldog

Postby GloveCrazy » June 10th, 2009, 9:19 pm

Now that Wright Ditson's got back! But what you young whipper-snappers will learn one day is that it's what's inside that matters (there you go, Ricky, I took the bait).
GloveCrazy

butt glove

Postby Bravosin99 » June 10th, 2009, 11:35 pm

Don't hate on the butt glove!! LOL...It is so funny you guys think that because the first time I saw the glove after getting it in the mail my girlfriend was with me and said the same exact thing about it having a butt. I still don't see it haha.
He really does have a nice back side. But which one is better? There you go again Ricky not posting the best part....
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Re: butt glove

Postby Rickybulldog » June 11th, 2009, 12:56 am

Bravosin99 wrote:Don't hate on the butt glove!! LOL...It is so funny you guys think that because the first time I saw the glove after getting it in the mail my girlfriend was with me and said the same exact thing about it having a butt. I still don't see it haha.
He really does have a nice back side. But which one is better? There you go again Ricky not posting the best part....
Mr. 99 Braves, Your girlfiend was right. Although the "He" line makes me laugh. I'm assuming you're saying your glove is male. :lol:

By the way, you're the only collector I know who has a double face and a double (bum) back glove.

Rob, I don't see them as bait to you. I see it as more of an alley-oop pass. In the words of Bill Walton"Throw it down big man! Throw it down!"

BTW Josh, I'm going to need an actual sized photo of the glove ASAP! :lol:
Rickybulldog

butt glove

Postby Bravosin99 » June 11th, 2009, 3:39 pm

Ricky,
Funny guy, funny guy...The jokes just never stop coming from you lol. I referred to the butt glove as a "he" because of the male front bum comment.
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Look Away?

Postby MTGLOVEGUY » June 18th, 2009, 9:32 am

Now why on earth do I need to look away? Just because there is an empty spot in my display case waiting for a certain VWD glove to come home. I'm sure it's left your hands but if not you know thats one I want back. Nice group of gloves!
Wanted- HOF Endorsed Gloves, Cleveland Indians Endorsed Gloves.
MTGLOVEGUY
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Rickybulldog » June 18th, 2009, 10:09 am

What VWD? I don't have the faintest idea of what you are talking about. :D
Rickybulldog

fading memory

Postby MTGLOVEGUY » June 18th, 2009, 10:16 am

I expected as much, it's my fault anyways... should have pulled the trigger when Joel offered it back to me. So for future conversations the glove formally known as VWD is now the shouldacouldabeen glove.
Wanted- HOF Endorsed Gloves, Cleveland Indians Endorsed Gloves.
MTGLOVEGUY
Veteran Glove Poster

Previous

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures