Info or Help with Tru-Play and McKinnon

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Info or Help with Tru-Play and McKinnon

Postby ScottWNJ » June 2nd, 2009, 11:59 pm

Spend the weekend glove hunting and came up with two. The first is a Tru-Play catchers mitt. The endorsement is Del Rice. Silver stampings are pretty good. Glove is also stamped Hinge Pad and under the Tru-play logo are the words The Dreier Co. Trademark. Model number is C55. Heavy padding, soft red? leather. Unfortunately the lacing at the web is shot, and there is ink or paint in two places. Back of glove has a hard leather piece protecting the fingers, giving the glove a three tone look.

Glove number 2 is really rough, but I took a chance on it anyway. It is marked McKinnon, 010, Genuine Horsehide, Greased Palm. There is another word or two above the logo but the glove is so wrinkled I cant make it out. Glove fits on right hand. Lacing at the web is broken. Glove has two tunnel loops on thumb and fore finger. Buckle and strap in pretty good condition although buckle is oxidized. Leather is in pretty bad condition. I will try to get pix up tomorrow. Any info on either glove is appreciated.

Thank you.
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby ScottWNJ » June 4th, 2009, 1:32 am

Here are some pix of the Tru-Play and the McKinnon. Hopefully I got the photos posted correctly this time.
Glove is quite soft inside and out. Web needs relacing.
Can anyone make out the lettering above McKinnon?
Tried to gently clean thumb and index finger. Turned darker color.
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » June 4th, 2009, 8:42 am

The Drier Co. made bats and I think they were out of South Carolina - they may have had a connection to Zinn Beck but I'm not positive. The glove itself looks like a Denkert model.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures