Dubow

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Dubow

Postby okdoak » April 28th, 2009, 4:51 pm

Found this one on ebay recently. It's about as big as a Rawlings HSP with the same V lacing thru the web but with grommets on the sides ala Wilson. The wrist snugger is similar to the 50's Nokonas. Really nice supple leather.

Image Image

This Dubow is my very first glove. I think I was 7 years old when my dad bought it for me. Yep, this is the one that made those Willie Mays type catches look so effortless (in my dreams). I actually did prop it up on my pillow next to me at bedtime when I first got it. Of course, being a responsible Mom, my Mom wrote my name, address, date of birth, list of allergies, favorite snack and TV show in marker on the inside of the glove.
Then she had to do it all over again when it was passed down to my little brother! My name and school room number are under the strap also. Thank Heaven for Moms! :D

Image Image
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Hunka hunka

Postby softball66 » April 28th, 2009, 5:12 pm

That's the best looking Dubow glove I've ever seen and I've seen 50 or so.
Great glove and copied right from HSP with a few tweaks.
I've sold 3-4 Dubys lately, Stobbs, Rush, Willard Nixon etc. and have one of the really rare Dubow Brooks Lawrence.
Mays wore something very similar to this as we're sure he gloved with an
HSP too.
Thanks for the pix. :P
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » April 28th, 2009, 5:33 pm

I would concur - best Dubow glove ever!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures