April 2009 Purchases

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

April 2009 Purchases

Postby vintagebrett » April 10th, 2009, 12:18 pm

Here are my two pick-ups this month so far - first is a Sonnett F3F three finger Ray Jablonski model. I've been looking for a model like this for some time and was happy to pick it up at our recent glove get together. The leather is soft and supple and feels great on your hand.

My second pickup is my first crescent fielders glove - I've been looking to add one for quite some time and was disappointed when I was outbid in the recent Hunts auction on the two they had. Fortunately, one made it's way to eBay and I was able to get it a lot less than I bid in the initial auction and didn't have to pay the buyers premium. Nothing spectacular but it displays well and I'm thrilled.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby mittmutt » April 10th, 2009, 7:04 pm

Does anyone know if the easter bunny leaves gloves like these in your easter basket. I'd hop 12 miles through broken glass, bare footed, just to slide those on my hand for a minute!!
mittmutt
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » April 28th, 2009, 5:35 pm

Added this via eBay for $9 - how come no one else bid? This was the top of the line MacGregor GCB glove from 1953 and 1954 - the leather is absolutely fantastic and soft. You don't want this to leave your hand once you put it on.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

that's a steal!

Postby okdoak » April 28th, 2009, 7:44 pm

$9?!!! I can't believe nobody else bid on it either! I did have it on my watch list but forgot to check before it ended. I'm sure I would have remembered if I knew it was going to end up looking that nice. The pictures in the listing sure didn't do it justice. Think my last 3 ebay wins involved Macgregors in nice shape, also. It started with an Eddie Miller MacGoldsmith ($12 BIN), then a Richie Ashburn 3-finger ($30), and a G110 Ewell Blackwell that was paired with the Tom Brewer Dubow I just posted ($68 for both). Anyway I just assumed that your GCB would fetch at least $50 especially since it's the very top of the line model that doesn't seem to turn up often. Evidently if you like nice Macgregors now is the time to lock into ebay. Nice pick up Brett! Also love that black patch on your Ray Jablonski Sonnett! I'll post pics of the Blackwell and Ashburn sometime.
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » May 2nd, 2009, 12:53 pm

Last April purchase - took a flyer on this one - listed as a model 780 made in Ohio. Looked like it had a weird web. Hoped it was an OK. It is!!!! This is most likely one of their first gloves - OK stamping is on the heel instead of in the palm. The web is super cool - thick piece of leather with a diamond in the middle. Great buckle as well. Reads "Perfect Pad" in script on the side of the thumb. Stockbuddy, have you come across a web like this??

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby stockbuddy » May 2nd, 2009, 8:47 pm

Hi Brett,

I have seen one in Joe's newsletter back a long time ago. Love that one. If you get a duplicate keep me in mind. I think that is now two you have that I would like. LOL

Cool glove and glad you added it to your collection.

Dave
stockbuddy
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures