The Most Recent Additions

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

The Most Recent Additions

Postby vintagebrett » March 28th, 2009, 3:52 pm

Here are my most recent additions over the past month - been a pretty good month so fa. You already saw the OK DiMaggio in the Glove of the Month forum but here are the others I've also had the pleasure of adding.

McDonald Wilker "Wilco" model 367G sewn web. Another company that I like to collect, this one popped up on eBay and I was able to furnish the highest bid. This one is poorer quality than the other 4 I have but it's in excellent condition with nice stampings.

Horace Partridge Dazzy Vance split finger glove. Was able to snag this one from JD and I really like it. I did not have this Horace tag and it's the first Vance I've come across that has his actual script signature endorsement.

OK MFG Co. model LR Whitlow Wyatt - this one came from rickybulldog who was kind enough to make a swap with me. Thanks!

Professional model DR20 Dick Radatz - This was obviously made by Sonnett but has the generic stampings on it. High quality USA made model that for $12 was a deal and a half.

And last but not least, this box was part of deal that I worked so I could get that Sonnett basketball box I spoke about when we went to the Philly show. This is an OK MFG Co. model 833 baseman's mitt box. No glove yet but I"ll find it! :0)

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Rickybulldog » March 28th, 2009, 7:19 pm

No problem Brett. Really nice items! Unfortunately, the other Wyatt deal didn't go through because it came with a long Snicket[b]. It was the guy's first thrift store find. Anyway, cool OK logo and new avatar. What year did they go to that? Looks very retro. I liked how they jazzed it up. OK made some nice looking gloves. Too bad for the acronym, since people didn't want to play just OK. :roll:
Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » March 28th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Not really sure on the year - the catalog data for OK MFG is very limited. The only catalog listed in the source book is from 1940 and it lists the 833 model but I have no idea really. The other OK box I have is for a volleyball but it's very different. I love the color scheme on the box and once I saw the logo, I new I had to have a new avatar!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby rosajr » March 30th, 2009, 1:13 pm

Brett,
Nice pickups.....nice Whitlow Wyatt...I have a lefty but not is as good shape...no markings left in the pocket....by chance were you the winner of the Dizzy Trout glove?

Jim
rosajr
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » March 30th, 2009, 5:58 pm

Jim - no on the Dizzy Trout - I watched it but I couldn't believe how much it went for - there were a couple OK Trout's last year that didn't go nearly as high.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » April 2nd, 2009, 7:58 pm

Two more for the pile:

OK MFG Co. model 909 Mike Tresh catchers mitt - saw this a couple times on eBay - this time no one bid but me so I'm happy.

Sonnett model BF2 Stan Musial - another faux finger glove - haven't seen a Musial endorsed one before. Cleaned up rather nicely - stampings are strongly visible - guy selling it said it was McGregor - no idea where he got that. Someone punched holes to lace the fingers at some point but it's not a big deterrent.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby MGHProductions » April 9th, 2009, 6:10 pm

Great looking Musial Glove!
Matt
MGHProductions
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Rickybulldog » April 9th, 2009, 11:04 pm

Nice Musial Brett. I traded a similar one but with Joe Dimaggio's name to JD.
Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures