Thanks Play It Again!

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Thanks Play It Again!

Postby vintagebrett » January 27th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Hadn't made the rounds to the local Play It Again shops lately so when I was out about this afternoon I stopped at the closest one to my house. To my surprise I was able to pick up a Wilson A2000 and a Wilson A3000, both USA made, very reasonably. The A3000 is an incredible glove - I've never seen one in person before and this thing is top, top, top of the line. I will post some pics of them tomorrow after I get them looking super spiffy. 8)
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » January 27th, 2007, 8:22 pm

Here is the A3000 (we've all seen enough A2000's so I'll spare you the pics). Glove probably is about a 12 inch pattern - I haven't measured yet but it would be a good third baseman's glove. The only issue is the owner wrote his name up the thumb (he did this on the A2000 as well). The code "EX" is printed on the thumb side. Any idea what that means?

If it wasn't for the wrist strap in the back, which I don't like, I probably would keep this. But since I don't like the back, if anyone is interested, drop me a line.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby BretMan » January 27th, 2007, 11:46 pm

I had this one on my eBay Watch List last week, but it ended before I realized it. Somebody got a nice glove for cheap!

Wilson A3000
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Aaah so

Postby softball66 » January 28th, 2007, 9:13 am

I'd not seen the A3000 and wondered about the designation by Wilson. So we have a D-ring wrist fastener and a wing tip back (didn't Rawlings patent this design? and if so, did the patent run out.) I'd had a call or two on the A3 but I don't think I'd seen one.
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » January 28th, 2007, 10:16 am

Yes, the wing tip back is quite interesting. I measured the glove (something I'm not skilled at) and it is an 11 inch pattern (I did this 5 times to be sure).
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures