Stall & Dean Speed Model

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Stall & Dean Speed Model

Postby drasher81 » January 25th, 2007, 12:35 pm

Finally checked this one off the list with an Ebay pickup only after posting I was looking for one on here about a week ago. Needless to say i am VERY happy. I wasnt 100% sure this was going to be a Speed but the gamble paid off. I think it was a very fair price paid for a glove which was top of the line, and very highly sought after. Has anyone ever seen this model number? It is 4272 which doesnt seem to be listed in the Sourcebook. Any information would be great.

drasher81

Speed model

Postby Rickybulldog » January 25th, 2007, 11:37 pm

Nice pickup Mr.Rawlings. Saw that one too on ebay. Loved the pitcher portrait on the heel. Did you take the lacing off the back? Beautiful glove.Congrats!
Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby drasher81 » January 26th, 2007, 11:00 am

I removed the lacing as soon as I got it. Who ever had laced it did it professionally with a leather punch or tool leaving perfect small holes unlike some which have slits cut in the fingers with a knife. I couldnt be happier with this glove, It will be residing next to my fist pattern Doak and other high end 20's models.
drasher81

Postby Deacon » January 27th, 2007, 8:44 am

If the model numbers are consistant on the Speed models, it's a Grover Cleveland Alexander. Nice gloves, well made and not too many around. Nice pick up.
Deacon
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby drasher81 » January 27th, 2007, 12:59 pm

It is the Alexander, the Grover is pretty visible along with the C. but Alexander is pretty much gone. It is still one of my favorites, I love the grommet webs on the 1920's gloves
drasher81

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures