Some More New Friends

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Some More New Friends

Postby vintagebrett » December 16th, 2006, 9:23 pm

Here are two gloves I recently added. The first one here is a Sonnett model HK-2 Harmon Killebrew glove. I got this off eBay pretty cheap - I was happy no one else bid on it. It was a little dirty when it arrived but cleaned up really nice.

The second glove I won though an auction house I had not bid with before. I think I got a real steal on this glove. It is a Spalding full web glove. The leather is very soft and supple. The black lettering is faded enough so I can't make out the model number. The inner lining is perfect and the red Spalding tag is very nice (it is upside down but I think that is how they did it sometimes). The only problem is a pin hole in the web - I think someone may have had it hanging on a wall? Anyway, it's a great glove!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Like em

Postby mjkm90 » December 17th, 2006, 8:29 am

Where did the Spalding come from Brett? I like it.
Mike H.
mjkm90
Veteran Glove Poster

Spalding Full Web

Postby ebbets55 » December 17th, 2006, 8:54 pm

Brett, nice pickup. I bet I was the underbidder on that one. This is probably one of the very few gloves that have ever come out of CS. It looks like it feels great on the hand. Good job.

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures