Norman sporting Goods NY

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Norman sporting Goods NY

Postby MVALZ » September 21st, 2008, 9:10 am

Found a beautiful Norman one inch web with a red/black stitched ball this morning. Its a G500 model. Guessing its not surplus....anyone know of it? Pics to come
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » September 21st, 2008, 10:23 am

I've seen a couple of Norman gloves - Iowa is running through my mind but it may be from New York. The Elephant's Trunk is treating you pretty well this year! :lol:
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby MVALZ » September 21st, 2008, 12:59 pm

Only made it to Brimfield once this year Brett, so nice to make a few local finds. Here's the Norman. Clearly stamped New York with Norman Sporting Goods New York also on the cloth tag. Interesting logo of a Knight with Norman across the Shield.
- A baseball glove is a beginning and an ending: a boy's first sure step towards manhood; a man's final, lingering hold on youth; it is promise...and memory.
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby ebbets55 » September 21st, 2008, 2:43 pm

Norman gloves are nice. They are some of my favorite gloves in terms of sewn webs. I love them. Definitely from New York. There's a bunch in the Norman Gallery. Great find!

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » September 21st, 2008, 4:49 pm

What a rookie....I forgot to check the BCG site first. :oops:

Today's finds also included a NM roy face Nokona F200, a nice MG Dixie Walker HC and a fine Mac GC 12
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Norman sporting Goods NY

Postby mikesglove » May 7th, 2014, 12:02 pm

Here's a photo of a beautiful white leather Norman glove. The two D&M gloves/mitts and mask aren't too bad either.
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures