Brimfield - Fall 2008

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Brimfield - Fall 2008

Postby vintagebrett » September 3rd, 2008, 7:36 am

The fall Brimfield show is underway right now. My dad made it up there on Tuesday and reported lots of dealers and shoppers, just not a lot of quality gloves. He said there were a couple of really nice bats, just nice priced within his range. The only glove he picked up was a great find for me - a Sonnett model NF Nelson Fox. For some reason, the Fox Sonnett gloves are very rare and hard to come by. This is a great quality glove and I'm glad to add it to my collection. My guess is that since this glove was made after Wilson bought Sonnett, they didn't manufacture too many Fox gloves because Wilson made so many.

I went up to Brimfield this morning and was happy to see a lot of dealers but didn't see too many gloves. Only one I found worth buying was an OK buckle back Schoolboy Rowe. It is a top of the line model and I don't come across the OK buckle backs too often, so I was thrilled. I'm going to try and pop back up on Friday morning but it depends on when the baby decides to arrive (it's due to arrive any time now!).
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby MTGLOVEGUY » September 3rd, 2008, 12:43 pm

Brett if your dad goes back or you head there, let me know what bats, as I am looking for another Tryon bat. Thanks!
Wanted- HOF Endorsed Gloves, Cleveland Indians Endorsed Gloves.
MTGLOVEGUY
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » September 3rd, 2008, 1:28 pm

The best one he saw was a Reach World Series bat with a large decal. He didn't mention any Tryon bats.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » September 5th, 2008, 7:59 am

Had a good time this morning at Brimfield. Picked up three gloves and 1 bat. Gloves are:
-white 1" web with rolled leather binding
-white Saggahew grommett web split finger
-buckle back with a long name that i haven't cleaned up yet
-Bat - Reach reslite bat with decal

The Saggahew glove is interesting - has an Indian head as a symbol, just like a nokona. Never seen this manufactuer before. Hopefully pictures later.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » September 5th, 2008, 6:41 pm

Can't wait to clean up the Saggahew glove - I think it will be a definite keeper. I'll have to use JD's scientific method to make it regain it's white essence. :)

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures