Today's Finds - Sunday, May 7th, 2006

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Today's Finds - Sunday, May 7th, 2006

Postby vintagebrett » May 7th, 2006, 9:35 am

Decided to head up to a weekly flea market that I rarely go to. I'm not sure why - I usually find something and it's not too far - only a half an hour or so. There are a lot of pickers at this flea market but I got pretty lucky today. My first pick up was a Rawlings USA made catcher's mitt - it was part of the Heritage series. It has this leather wrist guard on it as well - I had never seen one like this. The guy also let me take two baseballs from the box since I bought the glove - I picked out one official american league ball and one national league one. Not a bad deal for ten bucks. My other pick up was a Rawlings XFCB17 Brooks Robinson along with a Wilson 2 Finger professional model from the 1950's. Both need to be relaced but are in really good condition. The guy had them in a box so I asked them how much he wanted. He hemmed and hawed and said he had to get at least $15 for the pair. I paid him quickly and left. One glove I didn't buy would have been a great deal - it was a 1930's spilt finger - very high quality when I looked at the rolled leather piping on the back - the inside lining was super smooth. Unfortunately the front of the glove looked the total opposite - it was completely scuffed up, like some one had rubbed it on the black top for half an hour. It was too bad because it was a great glove.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures