Today's Finds - Saturday, May 6th, 2006

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Today's Finds - Saturday, May 6th, 2006

Postby vintagebrett » May 6th, 2006, 5:30 pm

Beautiful day here in IL for rummaging around some flea markets. Picked up a couple gloves today that are pretty nice.

First find was a MacGregor model GB26 three finger glove. This must have been the first year they switched to strictly MacGregor because it still had the MacGregor Goldsmith button. Glove was a little dirty but cleaned up nice.

Second glove was also a three finger. There is no manufacturer but it is stamped U.S.M.C. in the palm along with some other numbers/letters. I'm pretty sure this was made by Rawlings as it excellent quality and resembles some of the playmaker models of the early 1950's.

Third and Fourth find were newer gloves. One was a Rawlings Gold Glove made in the USA model HOH-75BF. There is a small tear near the base of the webbing but otherwise it's in good shape, leather is nice and it was very cheap. Also picked up a Mizuno Vintage model MVT 1100 professional model. It's an 11 inch glove but very well made. I bet a second baseman would love it!

My best find wasn't a glove but a red/black stiched baseball for $1. The company stampings are faded but the ball is high quality and it good shape - it will look nice with the gloves. This is 4th one I've found in the past year for $1!

This week it's off to Brimfield - hope there are a lot of gloves!!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures