Brimfield Day 3 - Jul 2008

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Brimfield Day 3 - Jul 2008

Postby vintagebrett » July 10th, 2008, 1:20 pm

The show that opens on Thursday at Brimfield is fun - the dealers can't set up until the gates open at 9 am. So, in essence, everyone has a fair shot, you just have to be in the right spot at the right time. My wife came with me today and she doesn't like to move as fast as I do, even when she's not 7 months pregnant. I guess the baby is good luck because today I found two sweet gloves. One is a Rawlings XPG 20 Mickey Mantle - leather is absolutely awesome, stampings are clean as the day it was made, nice tag. I'm sure I'll have no trouble finding a home for it. The other glove is one of my best finds in quite a while - a black leather Eddie Collins 1" web glove. This looks similar to a Goldsmith Collins that Mike H. has but this one has no tag on the back. That was it today but I was more than happy.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Centerfield » July 10th, 2008, 5:52 pm

Would love to see pics of both, always loved Collins gloves! I'm interested in the Mantle if you decide not to keep it.
Centerfield
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 11th, 2008, 9:44 am

Here are some pictures of the gloves. The Collins stampings are better in real life than the picture. It is a very tall glove. Mantle glove leather is great - issues with ink and lacing. I don't plan on keeping the Mantle so, Centerfield, you have first shot if you want it. The Collins I haven't decided yet - my wife wants me to sell but I sort of want to keep it.

Didn't find anything today except a New York Yankees Christmas card they sent out in the 1950's.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Deacon » July 11th, 2008, 12:18 pm

some nice finds Brett

If your wife prevails...I'd be interested in the Collins.

thanks
Deacon
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Centerfield » July 14th, 2008, 8:51 pm

Brett... sorry I missed you at the Javits Center today. I'll be there on Tuesday. Let me know if you'll be back. Very, very nice Collins! We'll discuss the Mantle.
Centerfield
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 14th, 2008, 8:55 pm

No more trips to NYC this week for me. I'll be at the National in a couple weeks if you are going there.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Centerfield » July 16th, 2008, 6:11 pm

Unfortunately can't make it to the National. Pick up something nice for me!

Appreciate the opportunity on the Mantle, but like you mentioned to Jim, it's really not my type of glove. :(
Centerfield
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 16th, 2008, 7:34 pm

Not a problem. I figured as much. As soon as I read your post I put some new laces in the glove - it's a great little glove. I'm sure someone wants a pretty Mantle XPG20. 8)
vintagebrett
Site Admin

mantle

Postby GoldGlove » July 16th, 2008, 9:42 pm

How much for the mantle?
GoldGlove
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 17th, 2008, 9:57 am

Looking to get $175 shipped - GoldGlove you have first shot - if anyone else is interested, drop me a PM. It's a great glove - ink is the only issue. Lining is perfect. Here are some pics of the finished product:

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures