Brimfield Day 1 - July 2008

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Brimfield Day 1 - July 2008

Postby vintagebrett » July 8th, 2008, 2:55 pm

The July Brimfield show is usually short on dealers and high on temperature. Today was no exception. Although not as hot as last year, today was pretty sticky and I must have had 5 bottles of water and a couple fresh lemonades. There weren't many shoppers either - the May show had one of the highest attendances in years - the July show won't be anywhere close.

There were some gloves but nothing too great. I purchased a Rawlings PMS Playmaker supreme for a left handed thrower (top of the line in 1951 and 1952) and a very early Spalding buckle back 1B mitt. The buckle back has a really nice Spalding tag, sans the USA stamping, which if I remember correctly, was put on the tags in 1905 or there abouts. The back is pretty neat as well - it has two different color leathers - a brown and a black. My dad bought a mint store stock Wilson Johnny Mize 1B mitt with the original hang tag - it's a nice looking mitt! The only other two purchase I made was a baseball postcard of a park in Boston and a Spalding Official National League Ball (Giles) autographed by some of the 1956 NY Giants including HOFer's Hoyt Wilhelm and Willie Mays. I'll try to get some pictures up later tonight.

Hopefully the rest of the week will turn up some nice surprises but you never know.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » July 9th, 2008, 2:48 pm

Here are some pictures of the 2 gloves I picked up yesterday. The Spalding 1B mitt has a nice look to it. The Rawlings is a great glove - if it was a for a RH thrower I'd probably keep it.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures