How to Display Your Glove Pictures

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

How to Display Your Glove Pictures

Postby vintagebrett » April 17th, 2006, 8:33 pm

This site is not built to host your photos. If you would like to show forum members your pictures here is a list of what you need to do. Sorry if this sounds really simple but I had my Dad in mind when writing these steps. :lol:

1) Using your digital camera, take a picture of the glove.

2) Transfer the pictures to your PC or Mac.

3) If you know how to resize or touch them up, do that here. If not, no big deal, just proceed to the next step.

4) Find a free photo hosting site on the internet. Two that I have used and work pretty well are:
http://imageshack.us/
http://photobucket.com/

5) Create an account at your hosting site and upload the pictures.

6) Copy the IMG address or the direct link - if you choose to copy the direct link, you'll need to click the "Img" button before you paste and after you paste (see directions below) - this is not necessary if you use the IMG address because it does it for you.

7) Submit your post and people should be able to view your picture.

If you need help I would be glad to offer more assistance.

There is another way that I've discovered that you can post a picture directly in your post. To do this you must:

1) Follow steps 1 through 5 from the first way

2) When you are posting, click on the "Img" button that is below the subject box.

3) You will see [img] pop up in your dialog box

4) Paste the URL (web address) of the picture after the [img]

5) Press the "Img" button again and [/img] will come up

5) Submit your post and the picture should be viewable.
Last edited by vintagebrett on April 13th, 2008, 8:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Displays

Postby mjkm90 » May 11th, 2006, 2:14 pm

My gloves are hung with a disk of wood where you hand would go, then a dowell inserts into that disk. The dowell is attached to a board on the wall.[/url]
Mike H.
mjkm90
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby No-Lite-Toe » January 26th, 2009, 1:01 am

Brett I sure can use some assistance. I spent all afternoon Sunday trying to upload pictures on Photobucket. I finally did it. Now I can't get them over to the forum. And the edit section won't offer any copying or pasting at any point in the process. Right now I'm just plain stuck. If you have time to help in any way I'd appreciate it.
No-Lite-Toe
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » January 26th, 2009, 10:01 am

Photobucket changed their appearance a little. If you put your cursor over the picture a box will open up underneath that gives you four options of code to copy. Click on the box next to "IMG Code" and it will automatically select the code. Photobucket used to automatically copy the address once you clicked in the box but now it seems to depend on what machine I'm using. To be safe, once you've clicked in the "IMG Code" box hit Ctrl-C (or Apple-C if you're using a mac) to copy to the address. When you are posting in the forum, click Ctrl-V (or Apple V) when you are in the posting box and the address will appear. When you click submit the picture will appear in your post.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby No-Lite-Toe » January 26th, 2009, 7:24 pm

Thanks Brett. I'll give it a try.
No-Lite-Toe
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: How to Display Your Glove Pictures

Postby ebbets55 » December 23rd, 2009, 12:42 pm

Outstanding Brett. Just a quick note to all. If you don't have a PhotoBucket account or other picture hosting capabilities, keep in mind that if the pics are already on my site in the glove galleries, you can point to them there. I'll be happy to host glove pics front and back in the same fashion and format as they way they appear in the galleries. Just e-mail the pics to me. Sorry but I don't yet have galleries for bats or other equipment. Should we create them real quick or stick to just gloves? If we branch out, I'll probably need help.

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby mikesglove » July 14th, 2010, 6:40 pm

I found that if my digital image is a jpeg in the "my pictures" section of my Windows operating system, the "browse" button in "upload attachment" here in this posting section can locate that jpeg in "my pictures" and by clicking "open" the image will be transferred here ready to post.
mikesglove

Postby mikesglove » July 14th, 2010, 11:41 pm

If you want to transfer a picture from ebay to your hard drive, click on the "enlarge" option for the picture then right click on the picture and left click the "save as" option and Windows will open a window to "my pictures" where the ebay image can be moved. This is useful for positing auction results.
mikesglove

Postby mikesglove » August 10th, 2010, 2:41 pm

most times the image from my digital camera has a file size too big to upload on this forum. The maximum size allowed is 256kb. In Windows the digital image from a camera can be put into the "my pictures" folder and edited by the Microsoft Paint program. Go to the stretch/skew option in MS Paint and reduce the image file size in height and width by 50%, 25% or whatever gets it down to under 256kb. Be sure to choose the "save" option after editing. It has worked every time for me.
mikesglove

Postby mikesglove » August 13th, 2010, 1:08 am

After downloading glove catalogs from baseballglovecollector.com, I read them in pdf format of Acrobat Reader. Since there are both text and illustrations, I wanted to move a page somewhere else, edit it and post it here on the forum. Not so easy to do, for me at least in pdf format. I found this software online, the "universal document converter", that changes the pdf file to jpeg. In jpeg, the file is more easily edited and moved around and uploaded. The software is pretty easy to use if anyone is interested.
mikesglove

Postby mikesglove » June 30th, 2017, 2:19 pm

I hope photobucket realizes their 3rd party hosting decision was rash. At least I was able to download all my images to file, thousands of them, but does no good here in the short term. I switched to Imgur a while ago when I saw how bogged down photobucket had become with technical issues.
mikesglove

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures