Brimfield Day 1 - May 13, 2008

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Brimfield Day 1 - May 13, 2008

Postby vintagebrett » May 13th, 2008, 5:41 pm

Ah, yes, it is that time of year again - Brimfield! Woo Hoo! This morning I awoke too early in eager of anticipation of first trip of 2008 up to the Brimfield Antiques Market. My dad and I arrived just after the sun had risen and began our hunt. The weather was beautiful the entire day and we had some success - nothing spectacular but enough to make you happy that you woke up early. As always, best part of the day is meeting fellow collectors. We ran into MVALZ pretty early in the morning and had a nice chat - plus I got to show off a couple gloves from my personal collection that he hadn't seen before. Later in the day we met up with Matt (MGHProductions) at his booth - he had tons of nice gloves and bats - we purchased a couple. Thanks for the great deal Matt! Both are great guys! Here are a couple pics - I'll do more detailed ones when I start getting everything cleaned - might not be this week. Off to Brimfield before work tomorrow and Friday in the AM - hopefully can find some more good stuff.

GLOVES
Generic Professional model split finger - gorgeous leather, huge in size - quite a deal!
Victor Wright Ditson split finger with interesting web - not in the greatest of condition but a cool glove none the less.
Vim Professional model split finger - nice leather, silver in stampings - very nice!
Geo A. Reach Bill Werber buckle back split finger - big glove, similar cutouts on back of fingers to the Cronin I posted last week.
Dave Cook, Denver CO three finger glove - Neat, well made glove with super cool tag.
Brine Phil Todt buckle back 1B mitt - this is crackofthebat's - missing the buckle web but in good shape
Unknown manufacturer buckle back catchers mitt - great leather, well made
Spalding model 1014 Same Mele - top of the line glove in good shape - needs a new wrist adjuster and relacing.

BATS
Kren Clouter Dick Porter hand turned model - neat knob on this bat with great stampings
JF Hillerich bat - crackofthebats

MISC
Original photos from Wilson sales meeting 1956! Cool stuff!
Columbia pennant - minty with original tags
Springfield College pennant - minty(did my undergrad here so it was cool to fin)

My biggest purchase was a gorgeous 3 stacker barrister bookcase to house some of my collection. I've been looking at them for awhile and found a great deal today on one that has super eye appeal. I will post pictures of it when we get it furnished.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » May 15th, 2008, 6:28 pm

As promised, here are some more detailed pictures.

Vim model 020L - glove is better than the picture demonstrates - very clean and soft. I hadn't come across this brand before and thought it was interesting.

Dave Cook Denver 1000 "The Sure Catch" - one of my favorite finds, this glove rocks! Super well built, awesome leather and a tag I had not come across before.

Victor Wright Ditson split finger - cool web! Glove has a rip and some cracking, but overall it looks pretty cool. I love the button as well.

Unknown professional model split finger - this is an absolute gorgeous generic glove. I could see it coming down a row and knew instantly it was a keeper. It is very tall and just well made.

Geo. A Reach model GVG Bill Werber split finger. Bought this glove because of the back - it has those neat notches similar to the Cronin Goldsmith glove I got a week ago. It also has the last two fingers laced together. Big glove!

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Bubdoggy » May 16th, 2008, 9:02 am

Thanks for posting. Did you clean them up some before taking the individual photos? It's amazing to see gloves that old in that condition.
Bubdoggy
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » May 16th, 2008, 9:26 am

Yes, a little cleaning was needed on them but nothing too extensive.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures