There's a kangaroo in my pocket!

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

There's a kangaroo in my pocket!

Postby Artemisbeard » April 27th, 2008, 9:25 pm

I had heard about these rare creatures but I had never seen one. Today I found one at a flea market I have been going to since forever and have never found anything there. All I saw was the made in the USA on the thumb, it looked very nice on the backside, when I opened it up there was that critter jumping in my pocket. It is a KS2 infielders glove that seems like it still needs to be broken in a bit. What's it worth? The book shows it was made in 1966 and 67.
Artemisbeard
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » April 28th, 2008, 12:26 am

Just going by memory of seeing similar gloves sold- and assuming that by "still needs broken in" you are talking about at least an excellent to near mint glove- I would say about $250. That is just a "ballpark" estimate.

Nice find! Most kangaroo gloves that were heavily used are in pretty sad shape. The 'roo leather, while lightweight and supple, certainly isn't durable.
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » April 28th, 2008, 5:58 am

If you look at the Glove of the Week section, a nice KC3 sold for $910 back in October
http://www.vintagebaseballgloveforum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1150&highlight=kanagroo
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby BretMan » April 28th, 2008, 9:21 am

Yikes! :shock:

I might have been a little "off-base" with my estimate. Though I suppose you could consider the $910 auction price an anomoly.
Click to Visit >> The Glove Shop On-Line
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures