Lefty Goldsmith not Eppa Rixey, but J. Hans Wagner

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Lefty Goldsmith not Eppa Rixey, but J. Hans Wagner

Postby Jaimo » April 2nd, 2008, 9:35 am

BIG THANK YOU TO "BretMan" and "crackofthebat" for replying to an earlier post "Is this lefty Goldsmith an Eppa Rixey".

With the help of you guys, I was able to correctly identify this beat up old glove (see previously mentioned post for pics before I cleaned it up).

This is a Goldsmith model 195 lefty glove endorsed by J. Hans Wagner.

The signature is worn, but it's definite. You can make out "Wagner" when you angle it just right. The following pics are the best I could do.

Where this model was not listed in the catalogs, does that mean it's a one of a kind?

Is there anyone on this forum interested in acquiring this for their collection? (BretMan, and crackofthebat have first dibs...)

Jaimo
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby crackofthebat » April 2nd, 2008, 7:16 pm

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I could afford to buy the glove :D ! This is a very rare glove and should bring a pretty good price. I'm glad I could help solve the mystery. Maybe my son, vintagebrett, would be interested - he has more money than his dad!
crackofthebat
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures