Brimfield - September 2006

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Brimfield - September 2006

Postby crackofthebat » September 5th, 2006, 6:30 pm

Returned to Brimfield for the third time this year - a record, but with out number one son, Brett, who had to work. Number three son, Travis, took the day off and went with me. More dealers than July, but a lot fewer gloves. Liam O'Bannion and Bruce Wylie had a nice set up with great gloves and bats, but that was about it for the whole show. Bought three gloves from Bruce including a neat Bobby Richardson autograph model by MacGregor - model MRR. It is an 8 1/2 inch pattern glove! The other gloves - a mint Wilson Kaline and a near mint Wilson Willie Horton personal model will soon be making an appearance on Brett's website. I bought a nice American Bat No. 35 from Liam dating to the 1890's. At another show I found a Reach Burley bat that will also be heading to Brett's website after I repair the handle. It was nice seeing old friends as we walked around. Also saw Mark (MVALZ) who writes on this forum - he had a couple of gloves that I will let him talk about. (By the way Mark, you didn't miss anything by skipping the 1:00pm show!)

crackofthebat
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby mjkm90 » September 9th, 2006, 8:27 am

How much will you sell the bat for Fred? Any problems with it?

Mike H.
Mike H.
mjkm90
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby MVALZ » September 9th, 2006, 11:59 am

Great seeing you again Fred! I also picked up a great Wilson Kaline from Bruce and am glad you passed on it! Its a A2004 with a dual hinge web that feels amazing on the hand. Taking it out to my kids practice today!
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

American Bat #35

Postby crackofthebat » September 9th, 2006, 8:50 pm

The bat is in real nice shape Mike - no cracks or grain separation. 35 inches in length with a nice thick handle. Nothing I would be interested in selling at this point in time. I only have about a dozen bats in my collection, but would trade them if the right gloves came along. I did pick up a Reach Burley and a Reach World Series Model - both had handle cracks that are being repaired now. Look for them on Brett's website as long as he doesn't decide to keep them!
crackofthebat
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby mjkm90 » September 10th, 2006, 7:06 am

Thanks Fred. I'll think about a glove deal for your bat a while. Keep hunting.
Mike H.
mjkm90
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures