New Adds - One Just in Time for St. Patty's Day!

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

New Adds - One Just in Time for St. Patty's Day!

Postby vintagebrett » March 16th, 2008, 11:14 am

Here are 4 of my most recent pick-ups. First in line is what I'm dubbing "The St. Patrick's Day Glove" - it is a Rawlings 1B mitt and it is green!!! I've seen Rawlings gloves from the 60's and 70's that were colored but none from the teens like this. It is well built, and although there are some condition issues, it is a neat item. The tag is also new to me - black and white - anyone shed any light on this one??

Second is a OK MFG three finger model 3FBS endorsed in block letters by Ted Williams. I have this same model already but this one is a little different with the stampings - this one has the "Chromemax" under the signature and "Mastermade" under the model #. Unfortunately it is missing the top tunnel of the web - the laces were all broken anyway so I shifted the middle and lower ones up because I liked this look better. The leather on the glove is extraordinary!

Third is a Sonnett model TW55 Blue Ribbon Award Gil Hodges 1B mitt. This glove is very floppy but the leather is soft and supple. Stampings are good and this was a model I didn't have.

And last, but not least, is a Ol' Reliable three finger glove with block endorsement from Tommy Henrich (yeah, they spelled it that way). This glove was made by Sonnett and has a neat look to it - I love the black binding.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Nice!

Postby oldreliable » March 18th, 2008, 9:18 pm

Tommy Henrich -- Old Reliable!!

I like the green Rawlings mitt. Didn't Don Buford of the Orioles occasionally flash a green glove?
oldreliable
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures