Ken-Wel Jim Bottomley!!!!

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Ken-Wel Jim Bottomley!!!!

Postby vintagebrett » February 22nd, 2008, 4:54 pm

It must be the week for finding Jim Bottomley gloves. Ricky found a Rawlings the other day and today I got a box of stuff in the mail with two gloves. One was an OK MFG Joe DiMaggio that is nice (and different than the one I have) and the other glove was a double buckle ken-wel. This glove was dirty but top of the line. I started cleaning and found the signature but couldn't make out what it was. When I started cleaning the back of the glove I found the endorsement stamping there as well!! Right at the top of the back of the glove, clear as day in script signature, Jim Bottomley. This made my day! I see it listed in the 1932 catalog. I've come across gloves with endorsement stampings on the side of the thumb, but never the back. I'll get some pictures up when my lanolin dries. Fun stuff!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Bottomley

Postby Rickybulldog » February 23rd, 2008, 12:01 am

Nice Pick up! Was that the black double buckle that came with that basketball stuff? Nice items!!!
Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » February 23rd, 2008, 10:52 am

It was in that lot, yes. Glove was black when it arrived but after cleaning it is a beautiful burgundy color. The lining is shot but other than that, this glove is pretty nice!

And here is the OK DiMaggio from the same lot - it cleaned up very nice - it was covered in mud!

vintagebrett
Site Admin

wow!

Postby Mike**Mize » February 27th, 2008, 7:53 pm

That Bottomley is a stunner. Nice old Gloversville, N.Y. label, too. Just curious, how's the lining? :D
Mike**Mize
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » February 27th, 2008, 9:43 pm

The lining is crap! But the rest of the glove is nice. It has already found a nice home. But now my dad owes me! 8)
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures