Willie Mays

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Willie Mays

Postby Bravosin99 » January 23rd, 2008, 4:31 pm

Found a MacGregor, G25, Willie Mays "Autograph Model", today at a local auction....Glove needs a good conditioning....Does anyone know the year of this glove? Seems like it is a well made glove, was it a decent price back then?? Thanks, Josh
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » January 23rd, 2008, 5:52 pm

That glove first appears in the 1960 MacGregor catalog. There is no catalog data available for 1961, so possibly it was sold that year also. It isn't listed in any of the 1962 or later offerings.

Listed simply as the "Willie Mays Autograph" model, it was a mid-priced glove, retailing for $16. In contrast, at the upper end of the spectrum was the "Willie Mays Personal" model selling for $35, just a couple of bucks less than their top-line offerings.

You mean to tell me that a dedicated glover such as yourself doesn't have a copy of The Vintage Baseball Glove Catalog Source Book?

Ohhh...the humanity! :wink:
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

thanks

Postby Bravosin99 » January 23rd, 2008, 8:22 pm

BretMan-

Thanks for the info....Yes we have a source book at home but I don't have it here with me at school so I figured I would bother one of my fellow glovers for the info... 8)
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » January 23rd, 2008, 10:50 pm

No bother at all... :wink:
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures