A couple cool items

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

A couple cool items

Postby vintagebrett » August 13th, 2006, 12:04 pm

What beautiful weather we are having in the midwest this weekend - the perfect kind for going searching for gloves at flea markets.

This morning I made way to an antique show I'd never been to before. It was pretty large with quite a lot of dealers. Walked pretty much the entire grounds and didn't see anything worth buying. I finally picked up a Goldsmith G20 Jimmy Brown - common glove but it will clean up nice. Headed back down the rows I'd already perused and bought a Rawlings MM5 Mantle glove. The next row a guy put out a Rawlings model LF-B Lonny Frey glove - this is a black leather model. I quickly purchased this because I've never seen a black Rawlings split finger except for my dad's Bill Doak and the price was really good. The glove shows some wear but overall it looks pretty cool - I'll get some pictures up later. I walked a bit more and I found a guy with some gloves - I got a really nice Wilson 615X Professional Model Special Services glove with the train button as well as a Tru-Touch Harmon Kilebrew glove. The Kilebrew glove as definitely made by Sonnett. Pretty good day and some pretty good prices! I'll get some pics up later today.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » August 13th, 2006, 3:42 pm

Here are some pictures of the Rawlings LF-B Lonny Frey and the Wilson 615X Professional Special Services model:

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures