5 New Additions

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

5 New Additions

Postby vintagebrett » December 1st, 2007, 4:43 pm

Here are 5 of my newest additions to the collection. Up first we have an OK 3 finger model endorsed by Stan Musial - this is the first Musial I've seen on an OK glove. I got this on eBay - it was listed very well and about half way thru the auction, the seller contacted to let me know she had found the Musial endorsement. This got me very excited and I made a rather large ceiling bid to make sure it ended up here. Lucky, it didn't go as high as I planned for. It is a very large glove and in good shape.

Another eBay purchase, this is split finger Sonnett with Bill Johnson stampings. The cool part of this glove is the laced back - very neat. Never seen this on a Sonnett before and was happy to add it to the collection. It was pretty dirty when it arrived but cleaned up splendidly.

Next up is a Wilson model 620 Billy Herman glove. I purchased this online from the Vintage Sports Shoppe - had seen it for awhile and finally pulled the trigger. Received it this week and it's great. A very large glove with one of the softest linings you'll ever feel. My favorite part of the glove is the thick black leather binding in contrast with the honey colored mitt.

Here is a gorgeous Sonnett Orlando Cepeda model OK101 (what a great college course name!) in awesome shape. Great leather, very nice.

Last but not least, a Sonnett model TW66 Norm Cash. The web on the glove is interesting and I was happy to pick this one up.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby BretMan » December 2nd, 2007, 1:13 am

As always, nice pick-ups, great photos and fantastic gloves!

Brett, you threw me a curve on the Musial glove. I have now seen TWO of these! When you said you just got it on eBay, I was certain you meant this one:

OK Musial Three-Finger

This other one ended just a few days ago. A little rougher in the palm, but definitely a sweet pick-up- for a hundred bucks less than you paid for yours!
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures