Stall & Dean Moore Model

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Stall & Dean Moore Model

Postby softball66 » November 25th, 2007, 11:14 am

First glove I've bought locally in about a year. At antique show here in Dallas and had purchased another glove from some dealer at same show last year.
This is a late 1930s Stall & Dean Moore Model (no signature-big block letters), and which Moore, by the way, from the 1930s? Gene, Randy, Jo Jo? (all players from Texas by the way and all very interesting persons).
The glove is a big adult 10" deep by 10" wide and has a strange model # for the period: 8908 where most began with "80" numbers. Seems S&D, at this time, had probably given up on getting endorsements and were just using block letter names: Gehringer, Williams, Berger etc.
Not that Stall was not paying attention to design or quality because the leather is top grain and cleaned up nicely. The touches: die cut tunnel web of Roman I design. Double welted middle fingers and a mushroom opening laced wrist, standard thumb protector strip of the late 1930s.
As soon as my new computer is up and running I will upload some pix.
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures