November Pick-Ups

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

November Pick-Ups

Postby vintagebrett » November 18th, 2007, 6:15 pm

Here are some gloves I've picked up over the past month. What have you guys been buying/trading/finding?

First up is a Sonnett basketball - yeah, I know, it's not a glove. I've been looking for a Sonnett basketball for a while - this one is minty! Would like to find some older ones as well but I'm for know - it looks great next to my vollyeball! 8)

Next up is a trapeeze glove, made by Sonnett, but with the Beyette's Co. stamping on the heal. The model is a TTL - I have the exact same glove made with the Sonnett stampings. I haven't seen a Beyette's before - wonder if it was a hardware store or something. I got this one on eBay for a handsome sum of 14.99. It was dirty when I received it, but boy did it clean up nice.

Over the past three weeks, I've picked up three earlier Goldsmith gloves. The first one, model 69, came from Mike Johnson's sale - it's in great shape and looks awesome. Second is a black leather model 43 - this one is very large but flat. I love the tag on it. Last but not least is a model XM - this has some of the longest fingers I've found on a glove. I couldn't find this model in any of the Goldsmith catalog listings. Kind of neat.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

as usual ...

Postby Cowboy7130 » November 19th, 2007, 12:01 am

... you always seem to find the way cool gloves ... I think I need one of those emoticons with GREEN eyes to indicate my ENVY .... :shock:
Yes, I still have my first glove.
Cowboy7130
Gold Glove Poster

Our best November Pick Up

Postby Bravosin99 » November 19th, 2007, 5:04 pm

This has to be our best pick up for November...It a Reach Professional Model CB, Pat Duncan, Full web...

[img][img]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb17/Bravosin99/patduncan.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb17/Bravosin99/patduncan2.jpg[/img][/img]
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Second November Pick Up

Postby Bravosin99 » November 19th, 2007, 5:22 pm

Here is our other main November pick up...A Rawlings tunnel loop web...Looks like its model WHO but can't quite make it out...Never seen a tunnel loop with a reinforced thumb...

[img][img]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb17/Bravosin99/rawlingstunnel.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb17/Bravosin99/rawlingstunnel2.jpg[/img][/img]
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Another November winner - Recent eBay surprise

Postby burker72 » November 20th, 2007, 1:22 am

Mike Johnson asked me to post these pics of an unsuspecting eBay win. Mike took a chance on a generically described glove with poor pics. Much to his surprise, and satisfaction, the glove turned out to be a beautiful D&M Chuck Klein DG92 model with the lace up wrist strap. These are among my favorite stories on eBay, but then it always kills me that it wasn't me. Well, this couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...Tomorrow, I'll post Mike's approach to cleaning the glove.

burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Thanks Geoff

Postby Mike**Mize » November 22nd, 2007, 8:50 am

Thanks Geoff for posting the photos. This is actually an old G92 Chuck Klein fielders glove, predating '37/'38 when Goldsmith acquired D&M and started the DG model #'s. Interesting that Chuck Klein gloves don't tend to come up much at all and then all of a sudden there's this one from a few weeks ago and now another one (same model) offered on ebay right now. It was a windfall of sorts. The listing featured a single small photo; what you would almost call a thumbnail of the front side in dark, stiff "stored for years" condition. What became apparent when I received it and started cleaning it up was that this glove is a monster. It's 10 1/2" x 10 1/2' and big for its day. The lining is perfect and it's got a beautiful "Lucky Dog" cloth label hidden underneath the folds of the wrist strap.
Going for this kind of listiing is a gamble. I'd say it pays off about 40% of the time if you do enough research and ask a few questions. I was really pleased that this one worked out the way it did. It's always nice to land a keeper. :D
Mike**Mize
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures