Fire Destroys Nokona Glove Factory

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Fire Destroys Nokona Glove Factory

Postby BretMan » July 19th, 2006, 8:23 am

I was saddened to hear this news yesterday. Does anyone have any information beyond what is presented in the link below?

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/trn/loca ... 32,00.html
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 19th, 2006, 10:28 pm

Here is another link to read about the story:
http://www.topix.net/city/nocona-tx
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Nocona charges back

Postby softball66 » August 8th, 2006, 10:44 am

I've got Nocona Pres. Rob Storey's statement of reconstruction in email and will send to anyone. He stated positively that they are moving ahead and employees will be paid! He told me that they saved about 75% of their little museum, which was a relief. They were lucky in that it happened just as they were coming to work 8 a.m. and were able to save key items such as computers, finished orders, key equipment. No one was injured.
They were lucky also that they had started the full production on gloves yet and were finishing up football gear, late orders. Also that they may be able to move into the empty Nocona boot company factory.
I will probably go there in a couple of weeks.
Joe
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby dwknowles » August 18th, 2006, 12:39 am

I called Triple C Leather Co. the other day to get a color card as was suggested in another thread, and we got to talking about the glove lacings. He said they supply Nacona with their laces. The discussion moved to how sad that was, but he informed me they have started up in a new temporary location and they just shipped out a rather large order (several thousand dollar order) to a new address, and that from the sounds of it Nocona plans to build a brand new factory
dwknowles
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion