Greetings From Utah

Anything related to gloves (pre-1970) you can post here.

Greetings From Utah

Postby kenyon » August 11th, 2007, 12:33 am

Hello everyone, I've recently joined the forum. I started collecting gloves back in the early 1990's when I was in college. I couldn't afford much so I focused my efforts finding gloves at garage sales, thrift shops, and swap meets. I guess I had more time back then.

I've recently rekindled an interest in my gloves and have found my tastes have shifted from split finger gloves and 1950 models to 1960-70 gloves. I'm a lefty, so that's what I collect. Lately I've sold a few gloves on ebay. In fact, I recently sold the Rawlings HH Kitten glove featured in "Glove of The Week."

I'm quite excited about this site, learning more about gloves and sharing a story or two of my best finds.

regards,
kenyon
kenyon
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby mittmutt » August 11th, 2007, 1:30 am

Welcome to the board. I'm happy to know that there are other glove collectors in Utah. I live in the Salt Lake area and so we probably compete for some of the same items in the same stores. I'm always open to trades or just chatting about gloves or other sports stuff. If you are interested in talking you can send a post. The local newspaper tells me they are going to publish a picture of some of my collection in this Sundays paper, living section. Good luck in your treasure hunts and leave a few good ones out there for me. Lee
mittmutt
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » August 12th, 2007, 11:19 am

Welcome to the board! Thanks for joining.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Glove Discussion